Well, things aren't looking too bad for leaving here tomorrow. Oh yeah, we didn't leave today. As yesterday wore on I felt very rushed to get things done (like stop the cockpit sole leak) for a Tuesday departure and felt I might be doing a half-assed job as a result. So we decided to cool out and wait until Wednesday. So now it's Wednesday and I think everything is pretty much done. I do have to go over to a metal fabricator to pick up some little latch pieces that I'm having them make, but other than that, we just have to make sure everything is stowed correctly and get going.
The weather from here to Cape Blanco doesn't look too bad. After that things get a little dicier. We're hoping the forecast will improve as we get further down the coast but we may be making a stop in Crescent City or Eureka. But we hope not to have to.
If we get the self-steering working properly, we will be able to handle things better than on our first leg. Well, that and if we don't get seasick. Our friends Jay and Judy from Newport dropped by on Sunday after reading the blog and brought Lulu some seasickness remedies. Pretty nice of them, eh?
So, anyway, we're hoping that we're not blowing it by leaving tomorrow. We've seen at least one other cruiser (from Friday Harbor, WA) head out. He came in last night and was gone this morning. So it's not like we're the only ones dumb enough to head out. Almost the entire fishing fleet is gone. The docks are very empty looking.
I bit the bullet and paid for wifi here at the marina today. I get 24 hours for $7.50. So, since my time doesn't run out until late tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably send another blog out just before we depart tomorrow.