We're not going to make it out of here by the end of August as hoped. Now we're shooting for next weekend. Before that we have to bend the sails on, rig the roller furlers, bolt down the new stern pulpit (railing), install the new hatch, install the ventilation components for the composting toilet, rig the lines to the windvane, bolt down the liferaft holder, install some padeyes to tie everything on deck down, and, now, install a new engine control lever. Seems I lost my footing and stepped right down on the old one and broke it yesterday. Fine!
Gave our car away to Lucas yesterday so we are now on foot (or public transportation) if we want to go anywhere. First on the agenda today is a 6 mile round trip walk to Englund Marine to purchase the aforementioned engine controller. Fortunately, we like to walk and it's good for us. Then we'll move the dinghy to the starboard side deck to see if we can eliminate that ugly list to port. Then we'll start bending the sails on. Throw in stowing or tossing the stuff in a couple of boxes and today will be about shot.
We're really enjoying knowing that this is really our home now and that we should be underway within a week.
On a more somber note, if you've a mind to please read this link from our friends Greg & Jill, and if you feel it's appropriate, send in an e-mail for them: http://www.svguenev
ere.com/aaron/ casesummary. html