¡Muy Importante!

YodersAfloat is moving! Please come and see us at our new location. Be sure to update your bookmarks. Once you get there, sign up yo receive notifications of updates via e-mail.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

1/19/2012 - A comment about comments

I've heard from readers occasionally that it's sometimes problematic to make comments on this blog. Most recently I heard from Dani but earlier I had heard the same thing from the Ceol Mors and even occasionally from my Mom. All of them told me that they'd had problems with other "Blogger" sites (those are the ones that have "blogspot" in their name. So, tonight I decided to see if there was anything I could do about it.

I checked with Google since Blogger is a Google product. Turns out that they know about the problem already but still haven't fixed it. In the meantime, they directed blog administrators (hey, that's me!) to switch from the embedded comments that appear at the end of the blog to either a full page or pop-up window. Supposedly, these formats don't suffer from the problem. So, tonight I switched to the pop-up comment window. I turned the word verification off briefly but got a spam right away, albeit on a blog from back in January 2011, but still. So, I turned the word verification back on.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties posting comments. I don't mean difficulties like you have nothing to say, I mean actual technical difficulties. Also, if the problems cease but you experience them on other Blogger sites, please feel free to forward this entry to them. They probably just don't know.

Thanks to everyone who comments (yes, even you, Raoul). It's fun to get feedback to know someone out there is reading this stuff. Thanks especially to Dani, Cidnie and Mom for letting me know the comments weren't always working.


11 comments:

Tate said...

*tap tap tap*

Is this thing on?

THIS IS A TEST!

Anonymous said...

Yes even you Raoul!
What they hey? Especially me!

Crazy Coyote said...

A comment would be that it looks different and it you get this it works ok, but I don't want to make a comment at this time. I am headed to see Jay the first of the month and if you need something small to get that far I can stuff it in a corner of my bag for you.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was able to read the comments and can also add a comment. For the past couple blogs I have been unable to leave a comment. Nice to have it half way working. What happened a small page appeared and that is what I am typing in. Thanks for the birthday wish. Love, Mom

Mid-Life Cruising! said...

Thanks for sharing this! I finally caught up on your blog recently and couldn't post a comment. Plus, people have had trouble commenting on our blog. Thanks to you I hope to fix our problem. Enjoying your blog!

JTRANGER said...

Steve! I got a new job! I'm gonna be a park ranger! Wait, so it's really not so much a new job as much as it is a new park. Emigrant lake county park to be exact. And your comments stuff works so bonus all around man.

Anonymous said...

dont know what you did, but this is the first time in a month i didnt crash the browser while trying to read your blog. narwhal's still on the hard. water still dripping out of the hull. fuel tank leaking now too. might be able to seal the inside with epoxy. boat is under a tree that drops lots of leaves. lots of rain and the scuppers blocked causing the rain to spill into the cockpit. then deck leaked and soaked all my charts and cruising guides. boating is fun!

james in ausralia

Anonymous said...

Steve, if I did not know better I would think you liked to eat. Glad you are enjoying cruising.
George
W28 Wings of the Morning

Shelly and Randy said...

You have always been hooked on problem solving! So this will be the third try I have made trying to type in the word verification. I think it is the program, 'cause I haven't even openned the wine yet. S.

Bev said...

Just now getting caught upon your blog, and love the foodie stuff! also the recipes. Love you, Beverly

Anonymous said...

Man fixing the comment section must have been a strain!well, if you get your wind back we would enjoy an update. Finigan