¡Muy Importante!

YodersAfloat is moving! Please come and see us at our new location. Be sure to update your bookmarks. Once you get there, sign up yo receive notifications of updates via e-mail.

Sunday, March 20, 2011


Yep, that's the ripping sound that was heard throughout La Paz this morning. It was the sound of the velcro that holds us to La Paz being ripped apart. Granted, it's not for very long, but still...

Our friends avid & Carolyn on s/v Aztec were headed out to Mazatlan this morning. They asked us if we'd like to rendezvous this evening someplace up the peninsula just for the heck of it. Partly to prove to ourselves that we still actually can move, we said, "sure". So, we left our slip at Marina del Palmar about 11:00 AM. The wind being directly on the nose (of course), we motored. Our destination was Caleta Lobos, a sweet little bay just a few miles north of the entrance to Ensenada de La Paz. The trip was very easy going and all the various stuff that we did on the engine and transmission paid off as everything ran exceedingly smoothly.

We arrived at the anchorage mid-afternoon. Had a little trouble getting the anchor to bite into the bottom which kind of surprised me as I remembered a nice sandy bottom from our last visit. But, we did get it set. Not long afterwards, Aztec came sailing in. David & Carolyn had even more trouble setting the hook than we did. But, eventually everyone was secure.

I'm having some router work done on the new seats that I'm making for our dinghy so we couldn't use the PortaBote this time. Instead, we broke out our alternative dinghy: a 2-man Sevylor Tahiti inflatable kayak. Not nearly as comfy as the PortaBote but it did the trick. We joined David & Carolyn for a couple of beers and then came back to the boat to make a salad and garlic bread to accompany the spaghetti & meatballs that Carolyn was making. Kayaked back over to Aztec and had a very pleasant evening in their extremely comfortable cockpit (wrap around cushioned seating, and LOTS of room. Watched the sun go down, the moon come up, the pelicans feeding, etc. By 8:30, it was time to return to Siempre Sabado so they could get to bed to get ready for an early departure tomorrow.

Lulu and I may head back to La Paz tomorrow but, then again, we may decide to spend an extra day right here at Caleta Lobos.

This blog is being sent through Sailmail via our SSB radio, hence, no pictures. There is a cell tower here but the Telcel office that renewed our Banda Ancha card last time, fouled up somehow and we ran out of time about 3 weeks early. And, of course, they weren't open today. But, then again, this may be how lots of this summer's blogs are posted since Telcel coverage may be sketchy after we leave La Paz.

So, there you have it.

radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com


Anonymous said...

Decide what? Let me get this straight. You are on a cool boat, anchored out in a beautiful little REMOTE bay with a babe. What was the question again? Wishing I was there and you two were in a even better spot! Ken

Mid-Life Cruising! said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Yes, you might as well stay a little longer!